Friday, November 17

Verdict on the Fall Season 06/07: BRILLIANTO!

The jury is back, and here is my personal verdict, and the network's decisions:

1) STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP (new show!)
- My verdict: Best new concept on the block! MUST WATCH!
- getting better and better. concept still has some oomph, especially now that they're exploring settings outside the studio. like Pahmrump, Nevada. too funny sometimes. still watching until the 'west wing' creator gets 'out of the witness protection program' and fights non-quality TV with classic sorkinese.
- NBC Decision: FULL SEASON 1! Day of Jubilee!



2) BROTHERS & SISTERS (new show!)
- My verdict: Best feely-character development show! MUST WATCH!
- i love it! Calista Flockhart is as good, even better 'Ally McBeal' days. the first family relationship TV show which makes me laugh and sympathize with, without rolling my eyes and saying 'preacy cliche' -- because that's exactly what this show is NOT. I mean cmon -- a family of seven: with 3 GOPs, 4 dems, a gay bro, a senile bro, a cheating dead husband, a living matriarch, a celebrity sis, a junkie war veteran bro, and 15 mil $ embezzled. Imagine you're part of that family; who needs dysfunctional friends? Arrested Devt + 7th heaven!
- ABC Decision: FULL SEASON 1! Day of Jubilee!



3) HEROES! (new show)
- My verdict: Best sci-fi show! MUST WATCH!
- hey, i've got to have my sci-fi / fantasy fix on TV as well right? This show is as good as Lost was when Lost premiered, only that it answered questions faster, and had a cliffhanger for almost each episode. Tim Kring, KUDOS -- you are the NEW JJ Abrams!
- NBC Decision: FULL SEASON 1! Biggest Hit! Day of Jubilee!



4) LOST (returning for Season 3)
- My verdict: Best... long running mystery. WILL STICK FOR THE ANSWERS!
- I'm still watching because the story isn't over. And there are still around 381 mysteries to solve. Though Ben and Locke still impress me with how complex they are. The rest, not so much.
- ABC Decision: FULL SEASON 3! I'm still here!



5) HOUSE! (returning for season 3)
- My verdict: Best show that connects with me. just does. MUST WATCH #1!
- my favorite doctor is back! you have to love the genius, sarcasm, and negative energy Hugh Laurie delivers. If he's your doctor, you can at least be sure of getting healthier. this show appeals to my dark-brooding-introvert-sneering self.
- FOX Decision: FULL SEASON 3! I'm still confined! paging Dr.House!

No comments: