Tuesday, August 28

Innocent experiments, part two

Well, I didn't pass away from eating what I had cooked. So Hooray! for that. :)
But I got a small migraine a couple of hours after eating the relyenong bangus I cooked -- so out to the trash the rest of it went. Other than that, no problems.

I've decided the other day to stretch my experiments to more 'advanced degree' filipino dishes, so I cooked myself some Kare-kare (oxtail and tripe in peanut butter & achuete sauce) and Lechon Kawali (pieces of pork belly deep fried to a crisp).

Kare-kare:








Lechon Kawali:








have eaten them already, with my friend Jake, and suffice to say -- I am alive. :)
YUM!

2 comments:

ramon fernando said...

Invite me next time you cook kare-kare and lechon kawali. dapat may bagoong and mang tomas. :)

amileforeveryshoe said...

Actually, may bagoong dun sa gilid ng picture ng kare-kare.

And may 2 bottles of Mang Tomas ako. Wala lang sa picture. :)

Sure, next time.